Direct Deposit for Employment Income
If direct deposit is an option for you through your employment, ask your employer what information is required to have your pay cheque automatically depoisted into your credit union account. It is fast, safe and reliable ... your money is in your account an available automatically without requiring you to come into a branch to deposit a cheque. Your employer may have their own form, if not, visit either of our branches and we can assist you with completing the information you need with direct deposit form that you can give your employer and a VOID cheque.
Government Payments with Direct Deposit
The Federal Government has launched an initiative to convert all of their payments by cheque to direct deposit by 2016. The following payments are included:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Old Age Security (OAS)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Public Service Pension
- Veterans Affairs Pension
- War Veterans Allowance
- Canadian Forces Pension
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) / Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Refunds and Rebates
- Personal Tax Refunds
- Corporate Income Tax Refund
- Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)
- Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
- Federal Departments Accounts Payable
For more information on this initiative, please visit the federal government website.
How do I register my government payments for direct deposit?
There are two options for registering government payment for direct deposit:
You may pick up copies of the forms at either of our branches. Our staff would be happy to help you complete the required information and mail the forms for you. You may also choose to use the online fillable PDF form. You can complete this form online, print it and sign it and mail it to the specified address. You can access these form by clicking on the following links:
- Direct Deposit Enrolment Form (HTML)
- Direct Deposit Enrolment Form (PDF 2.2MB)
- Form Completion Instructions
Government "My Account" Online Service
The government departments listed below offer online service that requires you to register and obtain a user name and password to securely access and update your personal information. To register for direct deposit using this service, simply login and enter your account details and your government account is instantly updated, no waiting required.
- Employment Insurance (EI), Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) - http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/online/mysca.shtml
- Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB), Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB), GST/HST Credits - http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/dd/menu-eng.html
- Veterans Affairs Canada - http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/e_services